Yesterday was my 4 month check up/ shots at the doctor's office. I hadn't seen Dr. Ransome since my 1 month because he was on vacation for month 2. (after two months you go every other month)! When he walked in he was slightly surprised to see how big I had gotten :) He told my mommy that I currently weigh 16 pounds and 3 ounces. And I measure to be 26 inches long. Now my weight is pretty normal for a baby my age but my height is apparently on the tall side. Mom didn't seem surprised that I was on the long side....she told Dr. Ransome that I am in 9 month clothes already!! I showed him how I roll over to the right and how I love to stand. He said I was very curious and very laid back! Being naked doesn't bother me (I love it) but I guess other babies cry all the time. He gave my mom the go ahead for rice cereal and fruit in the morning and rice cereal with veggies at dinner time. He said to start me on mommy and daddy's dinner schedule... mommy laughed and said "I guess we should start one!"
Then came the worst part ever, one oral shot and two shots in my butt!!! I didn't know it was coming but my mommy did. She said that my eyes got really big and my bottom lip quivered, that's when I let out the biggest scream ever! As soon as mommy picked me up I stopped crying and Dr. Ransome told me I was very brave and he only gives me a lot now so I won't remember and I will like him when I get older!
Dr. Ransome gave my mommy some sleeping advice.. he said it was an old wise tale that eating food helps me sleep through the night...he said I will only sleep through the night when I have to get up for school and then I won't want to get up!! She and I had a talk on the way home and she told me it is ok to sleep through the night! Apparently the pep talks worked while I was inside her tummy so she is hoping they will work now! YAY RIGHT MOMMY :P
No comments:
Post a Comment