Friday, May 1, 2009

This Time Last Year

Usually I write about the most current event in my life...like rolling all over the house but still refusing to crawl, or how I eat like I am 18 already! (mommy is worried for when I actually am). 
Today is a little different, Mommy is having one of those "I can't believe how big you are getting moments" and started telling me that it was right around this time that my daddy and mommy found out I was in her tummy. 
It was two weeks ago last year that Mommy and Daddy were invited to go out to New Haven with all of Mommy's friends. By 9 at night she wasn't feeling good and only eating oyster crackers as a meal. She thought she just had the stomach bug that everyone else had.....but when she didn't feel better, she called Auntie Courtney (daddy was traveling)! I will let my mommy take it from here!

I was so nervous that I was pregnant (just got my wedding dressed tailored 2 days before) I called Courtney. She told me to take the test. 3 tests later 1 inconclusive, 1 negative and 1 positive that I decided to call Al tell him the news and make a doctors appointment. We went and found out that yes we were pregnant and almost 2 months already! We were shocked, excited, scared and ecstatic all at the same time.  We had just bought the house,, planning the wedding and Todd was recovering from being hit by a car. We decided to tell my grandparents first, and Aunt Donna because she was visiting for Grandma's Birthday! We decided not to tell my mom and todd until after his surgery. We went to visit Al's parents and told them that they were going to be Nana, Grandpa and Uncle! They seemed a little shocked but mostly excited! Al and Erik were already discussing how it was a boy. We told my mom, todd, reggie, jackie and aunt sherry after Todd's surgery! They were definitely in shock and speechless. 

 It was a new life we were embarking on. Fights over names, stress over the wedding, planning a babies room, Sober driver many nights out, but overall it was one of the best experiences ever!  The first kick, hiccup, rolling, and heartbeat made everything else in the world disappear for a few seconds. 

I look and see this little man learning how to turn his toys on, move his walker around, hold his legs while I change him and coo at every girl he sees (has his dad's charm). I think wow I remember the day we found out.  
I don't remember when or how I told everyone else, but post your story on how you found out I was or how you found out you were! It is fun to take a minute and reflect on life changing experiences! 

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could remember how you told me, but I can't. I remember being so nervous for you that you weren't going to fit in your wedding dress (and sad for you that wouldn't be able to drink at your own wedding!) I think it's very scary every time I hear about someone I grew up with becoming a parent... because I'm not even close!
    <3 Mia

    ReplyDelete