CADEN IS 1 YEARS OLD!! I'm the most independent 1 year old around. I currently sleep in a toddler bed because I just didn't like being inprisioned in a crib. I wanted a big bed just like my brother. When my teeth are not bothering me I sleep from 830 to about 6 every night (actually only about 4 nights because my teeth are all coming in at once)! I have started walking with more confidence. I can go across the entire living room and when I get from the fireplace to the chair I clap at my achievements, but when it comes to playing with Brody I crawl to keep up with him (I'm faster that way!) I wear 12-18month clothing and 2T in my Yankee T-shirt (although it was Brody's and mom probably shrunk it in the wash!) I'm obsessed with every singing show on Nick Jr. and stop whatever I am doing to watch it, bounce to it and clap along. I am very stubborn and screech when I do not get my way or to get Brody in trouble. Mom and Dad say that I instagate Brody and Jorgie quite often. I love to pull and eat hair so watch out if you are holding me when I am tired. I have a big interest in cars. I love pushing them around the house, not so much into ball like Brody.
Brody Update- I'm going to be 3 this year and I am talking more than ever. Nick Jr. and going to Sylvan with mommy have been very helpful in getting me to start. Nana bought us great letters for the tub and I can locate B for Brody and C for Caden. I seem behind all my "girl friends" but I am making my way. I'm working on the potty training thing and just keep telling someone after I have done it in my diaper, so Im working on telling someone before I do it. I see the school bus drive by the house every morning now (they get my neighbor) and I look for a back pack and talk about it. Mom says I can go to school when I am potty trained. I like to "work" and can use any computer you put in front of me to get to Disneyjunior.com and play games and watch shows. I'm very helpful (almost too helpful) I like to help Caden walk, cut the lawn, fold the laundry and plant flowers! I also have a Stevens/Leonard stubborn streak about me but it only comes out when I am very tired or see a ball when shopping. I love to ball any kind of ball. I can throw the soccer ball in the air and kick it. I can throw a baseball in the air and hit it. If you are around for more than 20 minutes I have probably found a ball, glove, bat or golfclub to play with you!!
Parents Corner- We are so proud the way our boys are growing. For the most part they are very outgoing, laid back and well-mannered. We never have a set schedule from one minute to the next and they have adjusted greatly to it. We are still in shock that Caden is 1 and that Brody says words like Octopus (pronounced Oct-e-puss). We talk about trying for a little girl but we have agreed that it is a few years down the road when Brody is in school and Caden is more independent (or if Al gets a giant raise, I get a giant raise, or we win powerball) We are so grateful for the family that we have around us that takes them every day. Having them spend time with family and not strangers just strengthens that family bond that I have come to love and have. (not to mention on a selfish side saves on daycare money) but more importantly they have a bond and time with great grandparents, grandparents and Aunts and Uncles. My fondest memories as a child was going to Agway Farm with my grams to see Firecracker the Llama, and helping her at the foodbank when it was in the Red Cross Attic! Al recently received a promotion at work! All his hard work and determination paid off during a time that we were unsure what life was going to bring us! We are so proud of him!! So as of September 20th 2011... life is A OK and although everyday brings a new adventure or challenge we have each other and our surrounding family to tackle and enjoy it!
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment