Friday, February 18, 2011

Baby Bullet





Ok so usually Brody and Caden lead the discussion on this blog on all their milestones and changes throughout their baby and toddler career. Today is a little different. I recently was up at 2 am (I know you are shocked) with Caden and we were watching infomericals. Now if you have known me long enough, you know that I am obsessed with infomericals. Even if I buy it, I will still watch it. As a kid I use to wake up at 6 am on a Saturday just to watch the DD7 infomerical about a chemical that could get stains out of anything. Well Santa delivered and DD7 ate through about 4 sweaters before it was retired to the trash.
In college my roomie Lynette and I went half on the Magic Bullet (best drink maker around) and when Al and I moved in together to my surprise he owned one too :) We use it frequently during the summer time.

Well to my main point the baby bullet (http://www.babybullet.com/) caught my eye and thank god my friend Jen happened to be awake at the same time and was also viewing the episode. We decided to go ahead and purchase it (buy 1 get 1 free of course!) Well it came in the mail yesterday.
Now the baby bullet comes with a pocket nutritional guide to follow when you are grocery shopping. It also includes charts on what to feed at what age. Caden and I immediately went to Stop and Shop. We spent about 8 dollars in veggies and fruits. When I came home I spent about an hour making him a variety of food for the next week.

If you have seen Caden you know that he is a big boy and growing more and more every day. He usually eats about 3-4 jars a day. That roughly comes out to about 22 dollars a week or 17 if you get the variety pack at BJs. I am saving anywhere from 10-15 bucks a week and I know he is getting good food with no added anything. And if you look at the variety kits it is always pears, peaches, apples and bananas. I made Avocados and have Zucchini waiting. (now that is a variety).

So why the baby bullet you ask and not just another food processor like the magic bullet. I'll tell you. Each kit comes with 2 ounce cups with lids and on the lids is a little ticker so you can set what day you made the food on (great for forgetful moms like me) It also comes with a freezer kit so you can make extra and it freezes it in the shape of the baby food jars. So Caden had pears this morning and I popped out a frozen banana, slid it in the container and put it in the fridge for lunch so that he can get a variety. It also has recipes for your picky toddlers and how to sneak good healthy food into their crappy, picky diet (cauliflower in scrambled eggs, I'll let you know how it goes).
Anything that is going to save me money, last for a long time, and give me step by step instructions is amazing in my book. And when all is said and done and they are both eating "adult food" I can still use the airtight jars for other ingredients, might even push me to make good healthy food all the time.

So for all you amazing moms that have already started making your own food (feel free to pass along your recipes) this kits just helps you stay organized, make tons and keep it fresh.

Happy Food Making :)

No comments:

Post a Comment